SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Dog days of Summer...

It's hitting an insane 100+ degrees here with the heat index each day lately. HOT. HUMID. Pretty sure everyone local is very grateful for A/C. I know I am. So...

Less than three weeks till go time for back to work teaching. My last weeks of summer. Even though I’ve been home quarantined (since mid March) with the exception of grocery shopping, it has flown by. I've been trying to make them count.

First, I am pattern testing for the incredible Sharon Holland with Art Gallery Fabrics. Very excited for this fun venture! Here's a little peek.





I chose fabrics from the gorgeous Bari J 365 Fifth Avenue. If you have not sewn with Art Gallery fabrics, you need to! This quilt pattern is called Poenix. You can check out Sharon's awesomeness here https://www.sharonhollanddesigns.com/.  Phoenix will be available mid August.

Which leads me to, I've been sewing up a storm. Here is a current custom design. The Glitta Pouch! You can find the pattern on Instagram by the lovely sweetcinnamonroses.



I’ve made and sold quite a few of these beauties. Aside from the fact that the outside is able to be sanitized because of the vinyl outer layer (hey Covid), it is water resistant (to a point, don't submerge it) and super fun! Shake her up for a mesmerizing effect. It's all about the little things right now. 

And that brings me to one of my other favorite topics, food! I LOVE to cook. It relaxes me, it makes me happy. I feel proud when I serve food people love. At the beginning of quarantine, I purchased new cookware. One of my most favorite purchases is my new cutting board from Boos Blocks. I had tons of cheap plastic boards. I consolidated and purchased this beauty.


She requires some care, but who doesn't. She's just been freshly oiled and waxed. It's a once a month thing to keep her looking her best. And it's worth it.

Aside from that, just breathing in each last moment of summer before I head back to teaching and my oldest becomes a high school senior! Hope you all are enjoying your last weeks of summer!

xoxo-Christine 

Post a Comment